Voted Best of Hays “Best Place to Work” 2018
Join the Team
Part-Time IT Technician
About the Position
We are looking to add a dynamic part-time IT Technician to our team. You will be performing diagnostics on various equipment to include Windows and Mac desktops and laptops and other devices. Monitor computer processing systems, install and remove software, perform tests on computer equipment and programs. Technician may also set up computer equipment, schedule and perform maintenance and teach clients how to use programs. Order parts and repair multiple devices such as laptops, desktops, mobile devices. Data transfer and recovery. Other duties as assigned.
- Mastery of previous and current Mac OSX and Windows OS. (Linux OS is a plus!)
- Strong knowledge of computers and how they operate, inside and out.
- Broad understanding of various hardware, software and basic computer programming.
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, internet applications and security may also be required.
- Excellent communication skills between clients and the team.
- Sharp and quick decision making under tight deadlines.
- True passion and love for technology and the ever-changing landscape of it.
Part-Time Web Intern
About the Position
tekRESCUE is looking for a Web Assistant to intern with our San Marcos Web Development team. As a Web Assistant you’ll work alongside our experienced developers on Website Design and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Projects for clients in a variety of business niches.
In this position you can expect to start off assisting with and completing supervised tasks such as:
- Proofreading/posting quality content for websites & blog articles,
- Researching/generating new content for websites & blog articles,
- Assisting with technical & design adjustments to websites,
- Developing strong external backlinks to websites,
- And so much more!
This position is part-time. Interns will be expected to work between 20-30 hours per week during our regular 9-5pm business hours (tekRESCUE does work around university class schedules where we are able). This is a paid internship with the possibility of temp-to-hire. University internship course credit will be available upon request. Fill out an application today or contact tekRESCUE @ (512)843-2835 for more information about this position. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
- Able to access the internet
- Able to access a personal laptop, desktop computer, or online device
- Available to meet regularly with our team in San Marcos
- Able to work remotely after completion of training (with the exception of meetings)
- Comfortable working with online development projects
- Willing to learn new skills to take on tasks as needed
- Able to work as a valuable team player!