Voted Best of Hays “Best Place to Work” 2018
Join the Team
Part-Time IT Technician
About the Position
We are looking to add a dynamic part-time IT Technician to our team. You will be performing diagnostics on various equipment to include Windows and Mac desktops and laptops and other devices. Monitor computer processing systems, install and remove software, perform tests on computer equipment and programs. Technician may also set up computer equipment, schedule and perform maintenance and teach clients how to use programs. Order parts and repair multiple devices such as laptops, desktops, mobile devices. Data transfer and recovery. Other duties as assigned.
- Mastery of previous and current Mac OSX and Windows OS. (Linux OS is a plus!)
- Strong knowledge of computers and how they operate, inside and out.
- Broad understanding of various hardware, software and basic computer programming.
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, internet applications and security may also be required.
- Excellent communication skills between clients and the team.
- Sharp and quick decision making under tight deadlines.
- True passion and love for technology and the ever-changing landscape of it.
Part-Time Web Assistant
About the Position
How would you like to work online for a local small business? tekRESCUE is looking to add a dynamic part-time assistant to our web services team. You’ll be meeting up with the web team in San Marcos to assist with the monthly workload for our search engine optimization clients—things like searching the web for backlinks, posting blog articles, and more. After training, you’ll have the opportunity to work from home most days.
You’ll start off working around 20–30 hours, but as long as you work somewhere between 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday–Friday, you can set your own schedule. Your work will start off with relatively simple tasks like submitting our clients to business directories, but if you stick around, you’ll be able to branch out and learn about topics your interested in like web design and search engine optimization. tekRESCUE values employee loyalty, so staying with us gives you the opportunity to be trusted with more responsibilities.
- Comfortable working online, digging through websites
- Able to meet up with the team in San Marcos as needed
- Able to work remotely, communicating online with team members and supervisor
- Ownership of a laptop or other device for remote work
- Able to work between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm
- Willing to learn new skills to take on tasks as needed