There are several alternatives out there in today’s digital age when it comes to establishing your website, often without the need for much knowledge or experience at all. Many solutions such as Squarespace, WordPress, and Wix always offer businesses and individuals the opportunity to quickly create entire sites at a fraction of a professional web developer’s cost. Nonetheless, as tempting as it may appear to Do-It-Yourself (DIY) when you are on a startup financial plan, it would be wise to consider hiring a professional web designer since they will add value to your business. There are several advantages associated with hiring an experienced Web designer as opposed to DIY, as will be discussed.
What is a DIY Website?
DIY website tools offer a way of creating a website yourself without the need to hire a professional designer. Earlier websites had to be manually written using HTML or programming languages like PHP. Today, the digital space has enabled individuals and businesses alike to build their websites using a prebuilt template. Many people do not have time to learn to code and build their websites from scratch, so they usually rely on the web design template.
Why People Choose DIY
- With a DIY website builder, you always have the end product in front of you. DIY templates are often almost ready to go out of the box, only requiring you to fill out your business name and some essential details. This makes them an extremely fast option for people on time constraints.
- DIY website builders typically offer a reasonable price and are very easy to access—a business owner or freelancer simply needs to open an account online, and they can get started immediately.
Potential Pitfalls of DIY
- Due to the use of prebuilt templates, there is a high chance that the website you create may be similar to the ones already on the web.
- Many DIY Website builders force you to display ads on your website.
- Website customization is often very limited, forcing you to stick to restrictive templates.
- It can be Challenging or impossible to move your website to a different platform down the line.
- DIY website builders often offer limited search engine optimization tools, making it difficult for your website to rank well on Google or other search engines.
What are the Benefits of Hiring a Web Design Agency Over DIY?
Having a long-term plan for your business is essential to compete; your business will benefit from hiring a professional web designer instead. So here are some reasons why you should hire a web design agency.
Better Understanding of the Industry
Having solid growth long-term growth in revenue is essential for your company. Your website usually occupies center stage in improving your brand equity. Nevertheless, it is equally necessary to understand the business to craft strategies for your website. A professional web designer can assist you in designing a high-quality website that will satisfy your objectives due to their experience.
As you may have guessed from the pitfalls discussed above, DIY websites are often limited when it comes to growth. Most people complain that DIY websites have no prospect of migration, and the skills you pick up using one tool usually don’t transfer over to other platforms. For this reason, you should consider hiring a web design agency that will help your business develop a scalable and versatile website that can account for and enable future business growth.
Businesses should have well-designed websites that keep visitors engaged as long as possible. Longer visitor retention time not only increases the chance that a visitor will become a sale, but it also helps your website garner SEO brownie points. A web design agency can employ their experience and offer several designs centered on the workflow of your website, and an agency can test these designs to see which one retains visitors longer. An experienced designer’s work will also consider the latest web design innovations and industry best practices.
Reliable and Responsive Web Design
The majority of your audience may access your website via their smartphones. It is essential to know that your website should be reliable and responsive to ensure that your audience has a smooth experience through all devices. Unlike a DIY website, hiring a web design agency would ensure responsiveness and cater to all visitors over any device.
A well-crafted website is essential for conveying your message to your visitors. Your website should have an optimal workflow that increases audience retention and improves conversion rates. Hiring a web design agency with skills and experience in designing helps your business grow with a versatile, scalable website that communicates your brand effectively. While DIY website builders can be an easy way to get something online in a pinch, they’re no replacement for a team who understands how to build an effective website that converts.