What is web design? What is web development? Web design and development are two words used interchangeably, but they are different. One person can be a designer who also builds a website, while another can be a programmer who specializes in user interface (UI). This article will explore the differences between web design vs. web development
What is Web Design?
Web design is the process of conceptualizing a visual interface for a website. It involves creative thinking about how the website will look and feel to the user. It also includes deciding on keywords, image, color, and the site’s overall content.
What is Web Development?
Differences between Web Design and Web Development
A good web designer should have strong visual skills. They should be able to think creatively regarding how the website will look. They should be able to decide on the color scheme for the site, compose keywords and write content for it appropriately. Qualified web designers are usually creative individuals keen on the internet and computers. Web designers can come from various backgrounds, including graphic design, photography, or psychology.
A web designer uses vector graphic editor software to layout the site’s features. These programs enable easy navigation between layers and objects. The most common vector software are Inkscape, Corel Draw, and Adobe Illustrator. A web developer uses HTML and CSS editors such as Sublime Text, Dreamweaver, Espresso, or Atom.
Conceptualization of Website
SEO and Site Security
Web designers are required to know SEO, Google Analytics, and Google Webmaster Tools. Web development requires knowledge about site security and ethical hacking to prevent DDoS attacks.
Nature of Projects
Web designers work on website projects either as part of a team or as individuals. They work for various companies worldwide, either in their own office or remotely. They have a team of designers that work together to make the project succeed.
Web developers generally work on different projects as independent contractors, and they may be based out of the country they are in. Web developers establish the needs of websites and then decide on software languages to create things like flowcharts, wireframes, and mock-ups based on that information. The web developer also decides how to create a website within a CMS (content management system).
A web designer will oversee and manage the project to ensure that the website meets the client’s needs, while the developer will directly focus on coding. The web design process can be iterative; adding new features can fundamentally alter aspects of a previously completed site. These alterations are possible due to changes in design and strategy after all visual elements have been completed.
What to consider when choosing the best web design and development company
When choosing a web design and development company, there are many factors to consider. They must be able to build the website you need and do it on time and within budget. The best web design and development companies will have the following qualities:
• Highly experienced. They have at least 10 years of experience, and the person you will be working with should have a blog on the website where they discuss their work.
• Their portfolio should showcase their work, which is original and creative.
• They should also be responsive to questions via email or chat, and they must respond quickly during business hours in your time zone. This means they are available to contact if a problem occurs with your website.
• They should be able to guide you through the process of building a website and should be able to explain technical terms if you do not understand them.
• They must be able to solve problems with your website, and they can fix bugs that occur due to updates from Google or WordPress.
• Their service package should include SEO, site security, and CMS education for the development of your site.
• The website design and development company should give you a free estimate for the project and explain how their pricing works before the project begins.
Web design is the art of creating the elements of website, and web development or web programming is the process of developing that website into an actual website.
A combined effort of web design, graphic design, and web development is required to create a successful website. An effective user experience can be created by considering both web design and development. With an effective website developed by experts with high-quality standards, businesses can be made more competitive in the global market rather than being entirely offline.
Website Design and Development in Austin, TX
If you are interested in working with a reliable and experienced website design company that can assist your business with website design and web development in San Marcos and Austin, drop tekRESCUE a line! We have built all kinds of websites for a wide variety of clients and businesses. Check out our portfolio here!